Friday, April 10, 2015

Haste Makes Waste

Hey #TTIV readers. Some of you told me that my post last night about the panhandler and train delays came off as insensitive. I reread the post and decided you were right.

My intention was not to focus on the injured man, but to look at it solely from the perspective of the commuter who simply wants to get home. If you want to publish essays, you have to be balanced.

Moral of the story: Don't publish an essay the same evening you write it. If you don't have an editor, allow yourself extra time to review what you've written from a fresh perspective. I've updated the story.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate all of it.

-- David
SHARE! Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr SHARE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment