Sunday, January 04, 2015

Back and Better!

Happy New Year everybody! It's been a great holiday break. I haven't taken a two week vacation in years, and I feel well rested and ready to return to the grind. Besides hanging out with the family and taking some much needed down time, I completed my goal of revamping TTIV. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Here are the key changes.

New logo. Thanks to my wife for coming up with a new TTIV design and then creating it for me. Hope you like it.
Blog look and feel. You can see that the blog has changed a lot, visually. I think the new look is sleeker, easier to follow, and far less busy. Earlier in my working days, I was a software developer, and those skills came in handy as I trudged through and learned basic concepts of CSS, JavaScript, and HTML5 to make the site do what I wanted.

New mailing list software. I replaced Feedburner as my mail blast platform with MailChimp. MailChimp provides a lot of flexibility with mailing lists, including making the mail messages more attractive, linking the list with the TTIV Facebook page, etc. It also makes it easier for users to opt in and opt out of the mailing list. I will do my absolute best to ensure that spam is never part of the TTIV experience. I hope you'll join the mailing list.

Social media links. Nothing makes me happier than feedback and shares, so I've tried to make it easy for you to share.

I started a Tumblr page, but I really don't know too much about Tumblr. I'm learning as I go.

In the red menu, under the heart, are the links to TTIV's various social media pages. Hope you'll like and follow.

Search. Search for TTIV musings using keywords. This works pretty well.

Gotta get back to work, gotta get back to people-watching on the train, gotta get back to sharing what I see with TTIV readers. Hope you'll join for the ride in 2015. All aboard.
**
Happy and safe commuting, and may you encounter uncommon sense.
Share your commuting stories on the Facebook TTIV site, on Twitter, using hashtag #TTIV, or via email.
Sign up for the blog mailing list by entering your email address in the "Follow By E-Mail" box.
Twitter: @davidrtrainguy
Tumblr: www.tumblr.com/blog/thetraininvain
email: thetrain.invain.829@gmail.com
If you like the blog, tell a friend!

SHARE! Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr SHARE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment