Thursday, October 08, 2015

Open Door Policy

Hey! Remember TTIV? It's been a few weeks since I've shared any musings. I could say I've been too busy to write, but that's a copout. The truth is that I've looked at my backlog of ideas and have been less than excited by them. Combine that with an unhealthy obsession of binge-watching "Dexter" on Netflix, and I've gone radio silent.

Well, not completely silent. I've posted on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, so if you're on those sites, can you please throw TTIV a like? Or a follow?

That was shameless. Let's get back to the core business of TTIV, which is to point out the weird, wacky, and unusual things that present themselves on the commute. Today, we've got an interesting one.

One night recently, I worked late. By the time I got to my station, the parking lot was pretty desolate. I saw my car, a bunch of empty spaces, and another "mystery" car a few spots away. See the crude drawing.

As I opened my car door, I noticed that the driver door of the "mystery" car was open. See the photo of the car below. No big deal, right? The owner must be on the other side of the car.

Thing is, there wasn't anyone nearby. I looked around. Where did the owner go? The car's interior light was on, so the battery wasn't dead. The car wasn't unattended for long.

My recent obsession with "Dexter" made my mind wander toward sinister possibilities. Is there a body in there? Is a stalker trying to lure me toward the car? In true horror movie form, I approached the car slowly. If an ax murderer popped out and killed me, you'd say I had it coming. Curiosity got the better of me.

I looked in the car, and to my absolute horror I found... gum wrappers, a soda can, and some books.

At that point I considered closing the door for the car's owner. But I didn't. Couldn't take the risk of leaving fingerprints. Dexter taught me that.

**
Happy and safe commuting, and may you encounter uncommon sense.
Share commuting stories on the Facebook TTIV site, on Twitter, using hashtag #TTIV, or via email.
Guest posts welcome.
Sign up for the blog mailing list by entering your email address in the "Join the Mailing List" box.

Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/thetraininvain
Twitter: @davidrtrainguy
Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thetraininvain
Instagram: https://instagram.com/thetraininvain  ** NEW **
email: thetrain.invain.829@gmail.com
If you enjoy TTIV, tell a friend!

You've read this far? Great! Don't forget to join TTIV on your favorite social media platform! And click the ads on this website! 


SHARE! Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr SHARE!

2 comments:

  1. You said you saw gum wrappers, a soda can, and some books.

    But did you see a radio? :-)

    ReplyDelete