Friday, March 18, 2016

Nothing Has Changed... WHEW!

Hey TTIV followers. You haven't heard from me in a while, and that's because I've been distracted by a personal situation. But today, I am on the train from Hicksville to Penn Station, and ready to once again share my thoughts, rants, and general exasperation.

My main observation today is that NOTHING has changed.

Another day, another delay. On the morning commute, there was a disabled train in Floral Park. When there's a disabled train on the main line, everyone from Queens to Ronkonkoma to Port Jefferson feels it. I stood on the platform shaking my head, listening to the automated delay messages.

Ah, NOTHING has changed.

You can't seriously be talking this loud. Unfortunately, I boarded the party car and sat about 10 rows away from a group of fifty-something men. I listened to tales of dirt bike riding, political rants, and other topics no one had any interest in.

Ah, NOTHING has changed.

Fear of the overhead rack. It's a real thing, folks. A tragic condition. What is so scary about putting your bag on the shelf? I sat in the aisle of a three-seater, and the man in the window seat had an enormous bag taking up the middle seat. It wasn't as though he needed the bag, he didn't go into it once for the entire trip.

Ah, NOTHING has changed.

As much as we all love to complain about commuting, the Long Island Rail Road, with its delays, quirks, and frustrations, is very much part of the habit. And we are all creatures of habit.

So help me out, TTIV followers, it's been a while for me and I need to hear what's going on. Share an anecdote, complain about the commute. Add it on the Facebook page, Tweet it to me on Twitter. I'm craving the routine.

**
Happy and safe commuting, and may you encounter uncommon sense.
Sign up for the blog mailing list by entering your email address in the "Join the Mailing List" box.

Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/thetraininvain
Twitter: @davidrtrainguy
Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thetraininvain
Instagram: https://instagram.com/thetraininvain 
email: thetrain.invain.829@gmail.com
SHARE! Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr SHARE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment