Friday, July 25, 2014

Don't Let The Blog Bugs Bite II: A Better Solution for Safari Users

In my post, Don't Let The Blogbugs Bite, from July 24th, I talked about a mobile site bug where "pinch and zoom" refreshes the view to an earlier blog post.  Several readers have reported this problem to me.

I suggested a workaround in that post to avoid the issue.  However, if you use Safari on your iPhone, there's a much better option.  It's called "Reading View."

When you first load the blog post on your Safari browser, it will look like the image in the photo below.  Tap the icon to the left of the web address, as indicated by the arrow.


When you tap that icon, the view in Safari changes from mobile view to reading view, as in the image below.  The content will be much more readable, and no annoying "pinch and zoom" problems.



I don't know if other browsers have similar capability.  I checked Chrome but didn't find anything.

Hope that helps.  Thanks to the reader who pointed this out.

Happy commuting, and may you encounter uncommon sense.

The best compliment I can receive is a new follower who was referred by a friend! 

Sign up for the blog mailing list by entering your email address in the "Follow By E-Mail box."  Or, if you're on Facebook, give TheTrainInVain page a "Like."  You can also follow me on Twitter.

Twitter: @davidrtrainguy
email: thetrain.invain.829@gmail.com
SHARE! Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr SHARE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment