Friday, July 25, 2014

Perspective

Today, I spent many hours in the hospital visiting someone very close to me.  He had surgery to remove a malignant growth.  Tonight he is home and well on the road to recovery.  I'm very grateful for the attention and good care he received from top quality doctors and nurses.

Why do I post this on TheTrainInVain, you ask?

It's to point out that the loud train talkers, smelly food eaters, subway dancing kids, and potential strikes don't matter when someone is in the hospital. You get a nice break from all of that. 

No no! I'm kidding of course. Well, sort of. No, I want to remind everyone that the stuff I write about is a diversion. It's an escape. Hopefully gives you a chuckle or two and then you get on with it.  People on cell phones talking about their medical issues, those eating smelly food, and other characters I've mentioned are like busboys in an Italian restaurant.  In and out of your life.  They don't matter.

Take care of those close to you. They're the reason you put yourself through the daily commuting grind.

Happy commuting, and may you encounter uncommon sense.

The best compliment I can receive is a new follower who was referred by a friend! 

Sign up for the blog mailing list by entering your email address in the "Follow By E-Mail box."  Or, if you're on Facebook, give TheTrainInVain page a "Like."  You can also follow me on Twitter.

Twitter: @davidrtrainguy
email: thetrain.invain.829@gmail.com
SHARE! Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr SHARE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment