Saturday, February 07, 2015

The New Penn Station Will Be Great!

Here's an old flyer about how much better the new Penn Station would be than the old Penn Station. I wonder if the copy writers actually believed what they wrote. New Yorkers rarely agree on much, but one thing we all agree about is the sad state of Penn Station.

The labyrinth with low ceilings, poor lighting, and fast food make it the kind of place that people immediately want to leave. There's much talk about improvements, rebuilding, and moving to the Farley Post Office across the street. I see very little actually happening. Maybe the next generation of commuters will have a better experience. For me, I look to spend as little time in the station as possible.



SHARE! Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr SHARE!

2 comments:

  1. Is there a date on that flyer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see one but probably late 60s.

      Delete