Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Midnight Rider - Answer Key

On Monday, I shared a story about taking the wrong train, which has now happened more times than I care to admit. I entertained myself by writing the story as it happened and weaving in Allman Brothers Band references.

Many of you counted the references and came back to me, asking if your counts were accurate. The number of references was 18. Here is the answer key.

1. The Whipping Post rope loosened

2. Consciousness faded to Dreams

3. Two Black-hearted women gossiping behind me

4. litany of Wasted Words

5. Gossiping about Jessica

6. Gossiping about Melissa

7. I would become a Midnight Rider

8. Just peachy - Allman Brothers Band fans are known as Peach Heads, primarily due to a memorable quote from Duane: "You can't help the revolution, because there's just evolution ... Every time I'm in Georgia, I eat a peach for peace."

9. Up and across the floor - Lyric from Don't Keep Me Wonderin'

10. I knew there was only One Way Out

11. I only had one more silver dollar - Lyric from Midnight Rider

12. Now I Ain't Wasting Time No More!

13. I reached the End of the Line

14. At least I was Back Where It All Begins

15. My friends tell me I've been such a fool - Lyric from Whipping Post

16. Hopefully a Blue Sky awaits next week

17. Can't deal with another Stormy Monday

18. Now Get On With Your Life

The winner of the contest is fellow Peach Head Pam Grinnen! Pam, you get to name the next band's songs to be referenced in a future post.

Thanks everyone for playing "Spot the ABB on TTIV."

**
Happy and safe commuting, and may you encounter uncommon sense.
Share your commuting stories on the Facebook TTIV site, on Twitter, using hashtag #TTIV, or via email.
Sign up for the blog mailing list by entering your email address in the "Follow By E-Mail" box.
Twitter: @davidrtrainguy
Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thetraininvain
email: thetrain.invain.829@gmail.com
If you like the blog, tell a friend!

SHARE! Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr SHARE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment